This is a really quick, easy and healthy recipe especially for those days when you seem to have no time and your rushing all day. It takes very little prep. Simply cut everything up, throw it in your crockpot and voila!
1 red pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1-2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning (click link for the recipe)
1/2 jar salsa (optional)
1 can diced tomatoes (I used the kind with spices and chiles)
4-5 chicken breasts
Note: I limited the veggies I used this time because my family is quite picky. I added more fresh veggies to my dinner plate. However, you can add any veggies that suit your family.
- Cut up the peppers and onions into slices and place in the crockpot.
- Add the chicken and pour the taco seasoning liberally over the meat.
- Add the salsa if using and the tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Can be served with tortilla’s as a wrap or over a bed of rice or your favorite pasta.
- Serve with your favorite veggies and greens.